Friday, April 27, 2012

Rainbow Rice, Part II

This is a follow-up to our awesome Rainbow Rice Project that we did a few weeks ago. 


I wanted M to do some sensory play with the rice. I knew I needed a bunch for it so I used about 3 gallons worth of rice, divided between six colors.  I didn't even add purple, using that as filler since there's 'waste' every time you use it. I expect to get maybe 5-8 more uses out of this batch. 


This was a lot of fun for little hands (and big hands too.)










We added one color at a time. 

Then mixed it all together. 

He had a blast running his fingers through it. 

Until he realized he could get *IN* it
He's going to love the beach. 


Rice Shower!!

 






Then it was all about the scoops.














EGG HUNT!!









"Do Again, Mama?" 

He loved this, we played in rice for over an hour and a half.  If you don't mind messes, 
I highly recommend this activity to anyone with a toddler. 






**Warning: He did try to eat this as well as got rice in his hair and even up his nose.
Not for the younger kiddos**































3 comments:

  1. Where or how did you get the rice to be those colors? I think my 3 year old daughter would love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha just saw the link. *face meet palm*

      Delete
    2. Not a problem. It's a lot of fun! I hope she enjoys it.

      :D

      Delete