Monday, April 30, 2012

Responses to...Top 10 Things Never to Say to a Stay-at-Home Mom


A dear mama friend of mine share this list from The Laughing Stork with me this morning.  I obviously had not had my coffee yet and came up with some responses....


Top 10 Things Never to Say to a Stay-at-Home Mom


1.    When the kids are older, do you think you’ll get a real job?
-      I don’t think anyone could afford me.
2.    How June Cleaver of you!
-      Oh no, I’m more like Wonder Woman, thankyouverymuch.
3.    Oh, so you don’t work?
-      Hahahahahahaha.
4.    Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow?
-      Sure! Can you hook me up with some office supplies next time you go into the office?
5.    All day with your kids? I can’t even imagine.
-      I know.  Imagine yours!!
6.    I’m jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn’t have to work either.
-      Actually, the money we save on daycare is more than my paycheck would be. Also, I buy local in bulk and use coupons. I wish I had money to throw away like you do.
7.    So what do you do all day, anyway?
-      Pfft. How much time do you have? Nevermind, I still have to go to the store, pick up my nephew from school, drop the kid off…talk…to…you..la….
8.    Don’t worry; I’m sure you’re not the only one who’s ever wasted money on a college degree.
-      True.  Think of all of the Art History, Psychology, Philosophy, Nurtituion, and Communication majors out there who are flooding the markets making it impossible to find a job in their field and end up working at Target.  
9.    That explains why your son is so clingy!
-      Explains why your 4-year-old calls you by your first name.
10. Weird. I assumed your house would be super clean.
-      Weird. I assumed my friends had better manners.



      Too much for you?  Here's an card...would you like a cookie too?








No comments:

Post a Comment