Monday, April 16, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

So, Joe turns to me last night and says, "we have a bunch of diced chicken to use up. Why don't you look up one of your Pinterest recipes for a soup or something?"  Um...OK!!! You're enabling me to spend time trolling one of my favorite websites?! *swoon*  I knew I married that man for a reason.

Here's the kicker, I could not find ONE recipe that sounded good. So, I scoured my cupboards (I really need to get on my pantry inventory project...) and saw what I had.  Hmmm...well, from what I had on hand it reminded me of chicken and dumplings...so that's what we're having.   And I rarely measure when I’m playing around so these measurements aren’t exact….please let me know if you like it!

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

1-1.5 cups of cooked diced (shredded) chicken
1 can of chicken broth
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of diced carrots
1 cup of diced onions
1 cup of Frozen (you could use canned) peas
1 tbsp of garlic
2 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of Italian seasoning

2 ¼ cup of Bisquick
¾ cup of milk

In a slow cooker set to HIGH. Place chicken, broth, soup, carrots, onions, peas, garlic, pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir together. In a separate bowl mix the Bisquick and the milk.  Knead ten times. Carefully spread/spoon the dough over the rest of the ingredients. Doesn’t have to be perfect , in fact, I stayed away from the edges. Cover for 4-5 hours. Serve and Enjoy!!! 

Yummy goodness mixed together

Dough spread over top, again it's not perfect.  
I used a spatula, that helped spread the dough without drowning it.

I let it go a bit longer than I would have liked too but 
I think this turned out better, honestly. 

Yummy chicken dumpling goodness. 


And the little dude approves so a complete success in my book!!


Oh, and Joe liked it too...























,

No comments:

Post a Comment