Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Overnight French Toast Casserole


Since my father and sister (remember? I work from home for them) are accountants and Easter fell super close to D-day, April 17th, this year and Joe miraculously ended up having the day off from work the hubby and I decided to cook Easter brunch and dinner from THEM this year at my parents house. Well, I took this opportunity to use my family as guinea pigs for a recipe I found on Pinterest. Mwahahaha....

This is the recipe I found on Ezra Pound Cake and tweaked it a little bit after my first attempt. 

Over night French Toast Casserole 
4tbsp of butter (or marg) melted
3/4 cup of brown sugar

1 loaf of thick bread (I used french) 
8 eggs
1 c Milk
1 tbsp of vanilla
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of ginger 
1tbsp of chopped pecans


Mix together butter and brown sugar. Press into the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Dice bread into 1-inch cubes layer over butter/brown sugar mixture. I used almost half a loaf. Wisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger. Pour evenly over bread. Sprinkle pecans on top. Cover and place in fridge for 3 to 12 hours.


Preheat oven to 375 . While preheating the oven, let casserole sit for 20 minutes. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with powered sugar, maple syrup, fruit, anything!! Enjoy!! 





Nom nom nom!!
I had 2.....ok, 3 servings...


No comments:

Post a Comment