Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fresh Strawberry Muffins

I'm getting all sorts of excited for U-pick strawberry season to come into effect.  T-MINUS 30 DAYS!!!! I have been C-R-A-V-I-N-G strawberries this entire pregnancy and being able to pick buckets of them is the equivalent of a man discovering a free beer tree.


I've found a ton of yummy strawberry recipes...thank YOU Pinterest. but so far this one is my hands down favorite. Fresh Strawberry Muffins.  I got the original recipe from Wendy's Food Files but have, of course, changed it a little.

Fresh Strawberry Muffins

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt (easily can be omitted)
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries

1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon



Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, mix well.

Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Add alternatively with the milk to the egg mixture. Gently stir in strawberries.


Spoon into muffin pans.

Mix together sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle on top of muffins.

Bake at 400º for 20-25 minutes.  Cool. Devour.  I think these are best within 48 hours of making them.



Be careful....these go FAST. 


No comments:

Post a Comment