Saturday, May 19, 2012

Brown Bear, Brown Bear

Who doesn't love Eric Carle? I know I loved his books growing up and I'm happy to say that M loves them too. My personal favorite was (is) Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me. M is a big fan of A Very Hungry Caterpillar, A Very Quiet Cricket, A Very Busy Spider, Ten Little Rubber Ducks and Brown Bear, Brown Bear. 


I came across some awesome printables here via Pinterest and while most of them are far too advanced for M at this point I found a couple that would work for him now. It was fairly simple. 


I printed the sheet from the website


Cut out each square.

Spaced the out in a pouch and laminated.
(Use can also use clear contact paper for this step.)

And trimmed the excess plastic off. Viola!


He did the fish by himself! 












M had a blast playing with them.  I helped him match up the animals but I made him help and point out which ones.  He also like pretending to 'swim' through them so that's just bonus fun right there. 








I also thought M would like the lacing cards since he has fun lacing his colored pasta. 


It was another laminating project.  Again, clear contact paper works well too.  Once laminated and trimmed I used a single hole punch (Thanks, Mom!!) to punch out the holes and grabbed some boondoggle for the 'thread'.  I had to help him but we had fun. 



In and pull...which is what he calls it now  :)
Being a little dork. 





 I'm looking forward to making the Mini Coloring Book later this week for road trips.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this idea! I also love Eric Carle books...who doesn't?! Theo might have to have these too.

    ReplyDelete