Friday, May 18, 2012

Play dough time!!

What kid doesn't love play dough?  It's pretty much a staple of American childhood.

What parent doesn't hate the expensive crap they sell in the store? Yea, that's what I thought. And it's not really  'toddler friendly', since part of exploring and learning at that age is taste testing (blech!)

So, I was able to find a simple and edible (although, I wouldn't serve it at your next dinner party) online. I found it here at adelynSTONE. I like it because it has simple ingredients that I already have in my house and there weren't any potential allergens (like peanut butter or honey) so all of M's little friends could potentially join in the fun without worrying about any hospital runs.

Play Dough-

1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/4 cup salt
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
2 tsp cream of tarter
FOOD COLORING <--essential (well, to me)


Pour in all ingredients into a saucepan, blend well. It might be touch lumpy but that's ok.  Place over medium heat.  Stir, stir, stir...until desired consistency.  Take out of pan and knead.  This part is so much fun.  I usually do the first part and let M help once it's cooled down a bit.  Store in an airtight container.


ooOOOooohh...pretty. 



And...BAM! 


HOW EASY IS THAT?!?!

One of the best things about this recipe is if there's "waste" at the end of it...who cares?  It takes pennies to make. I plan on sprucing this recipe up for gift ideas come holiday time.

He asks to play with it every day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment