Thursday, June 14, 2012

Quarantined


Little dude is sick.  Hardcore, first full blown cold complete with runny nose, wretched cough and a double ear infection.  It's so true that it's worse for the parents.  There's nothing more I would give then to be in his shoes right now and for him to be healthy.  It gives me a new appreciation for parents with terminally sick kids. I couldn't imagine.

Trying to play...trying...

Snuggles
Finally passed out.














He's been sick for over a week now, we've utilized every trick in our natural and medical bags and the little guy is still having a rough go of it. We're in survival mode, whatever it takes to get the kid to eat, sleep, take his medicine.
Absolutely pathetic...am I right?

And while I LOVE my son with all of my heart....I was going completely  crazy being locked in this tiny little apartment with a crankapotamus for that long.  I mean, when he has a rare burst of energy, I take him outside to get some fresh air and sunshine.  But it's only a brief reprieve from our solitude.

Hangin' with his BFF. 
I love this little boy. 

My hubs is probably having the worst time of it all though because he can't help.  Little dude only wants Mama.  Mama at 2, 3, & 5am.  My back is killing me from contorting in positions where I can hold little dude up so he's not drowning in his own congestion and that are even remotely comfortable for me. It would be so much easier if I wasn't pregnant.  But, as it stands I still am pregnant and must walk this long road alone like many a mother before me.

3am snuggles.










Thank Goddess we babywear.
This is how I've been able to get ANYTHING done this past week. 











Today however, the husband told me to get out of the house. Just go...but bring back dinner. He's a good guy and watches the little one when he can but when you're sick you want your mama.  That's just how it is. I walked around the mall for an hour and it was very relaxing just to be able to get out for a bit.  I feel refreshed and energized to tackle the next couple of days.  I've even got some crafts lined up (and two half-started) if the opportunity presents itself.  My little patient comes first however.  We'll be back to the doctors tomorrow for a check up unless he makes a miraculous recovery tonight...what? A mama can dream can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment