Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Sensory Box

Hi all!!! I know, it's been forever. Well that's what you get when you have a baby and move in the same month. Then it's taken two more months to get any kind of rhythm down in our life. So, blogger fail. Wife/mom win.  But I've had a lot of great blog ideas while I was away. So YAY!! GET PUMPED!!

It's almost Halloween.  My husbands (and me too) favorite holiday.  Also, our anniversary....five ridiculous years if you were wondering....scary, I know.  Anywho, I wanted to do something fun. He doesn't really grasp the concept of the holiday yet, it's all CANDY!!! Oh well, next year. Till then we'll just play.



So here's what I did. I took a plain old plastic storage container (get one with a locking lid) and filled it with black beans and blank eyed peas. I then filled it with Halloween theme items I got at Target, the local dollar store, and some stuff I just had around the house!

Beans and Peas



He helped pour the bags in


And mix them all together. 

I gave him his scoops. Then I added a mini plastic pumpkin, 
baking cups, fake spiders and bugs, Halloween finger puppets, 
and a pumpkin glow ring. Then I just let him go nuts. 


He had fun scooping the beans and
 pouring them into the little pumpkin
Elbows deep!
'Counting' the beans
I guess the ghost finger puppet
needed to see his new molars.
Juice break...





















Happy Halloween!!!




Pop the lid on when you're done.
And it's ready to go for next time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment