Friday, October 19, 2012

Chewy Coconut Cookies





These are my husband's new favorite cookie. I believe he even pulled the divorce card if I ever stopped making them. How they came about? I just ask him what kind I cookie I should make and he replied, "something coconut". So I searched All Recipes for recipes and found one that I had all the ingredients for, a few tweaks, a couple of batches and I have perfected the recipe! Original recipe can be found here.

My assistant checking the recipe

To be honest, I never measure the coconut.  I just dump a bunch in!


If you stagger the cookies they won't run into each other. 

My other lovely assistant. 


Chewy Coconut Cookies

Original recipe can be found here.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup of butter (softened)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups shredded coconut

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix the flour and baking soda together, set aside.

2. In another bowl mix together brown and white sugars, then add melted butter until you have a smooth mixture. Beat in the egg and vanilla until you have a nice fluffy mixture. Add the flour mixture gradually then the coconut. Drop by spoonfuls (I used 1 tablespoon cookie scoop) on an ungreased cookie sheet a few inches apart.

3. Bake for 9-11 minutes. I bake some of mine a bit longer to get some with a golden brown coconutty crust. Yum! Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool. Eat. Enjoy.

Clearly, this baking stuff is exhausting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment